Home » Anatomy of a Female Condom
Have you ever used a female condom? Did you even know a female condom exists?
If you did, yay you! If you did not, you’ll know by the time you finish reading this article. A female condom or an internal condom is a thin pouch that can be inserted into the The vagina is a flexible and muscular reproductive organ in ... More or The anus consists of two sphincters at the end, which opens ... More before sex. Popularly known as female condoms, they can be used for vaginal sex as well as Anal sex is a kind of sexual intercourse in which the erect ... More. It acts as a protection from unplanned Pregnancy is the state of carrying a developing embryo or a ... More and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) like HIV. They are made from latex and if used correctly, are 95% effective. There’s a common myth around female condoms that they are less effective than other Also known as childbirth or labor, birth is the process by w... More control methods, but that is not true. Male condoms are simply far more advertised and accepted by the crowd.
How to Use a Female Condom?
Just like the The clitoris is the epitome of sexual arousal. It is the poi... More, female condoms are not a mystery. Simple to use, female condoms have to be inserted into the vagina or anus to act as a barrier between the sperm and the genitalia or the anus, to prevent STIs. Follow these steps when using a female condom:
- Remove the female condom from the packaging, being careful not to rip it. Do not use your teeth to open the packet.
- Squeeze the smaller ring on the condom’s closed-end and insert it into the vaginal canal or anus.
- Make sure the condom’s large ring at the open end covers the area around the vaginal opening.
- Make sure the The penis is the most common reproductive and excretory orga... More is inserted into the female condom and not between the condom and the vaginal side.
- Remove the female condom as soon as possible after intercourse by gently drawing it out. To keep semen from spilling out, twist the large ring.
- Instead of flushing the condom down the toilet, use the disposal bag to dispose of it in a bin.
Tips to Keep in Mind
If you are using a female condom for the first time, we’re proud of you! Here are certain tips to keep in mind.
- While female condoms come pre-lubricated, you can use additional Lube is a liquid, oil, or gel form used during sex to make t... More to make it easier.
- Never reuse a female condom. It should only be used once and then disposed of, as mentioned above.
- Never double up the condoms. Double condoms can cause friction and break.
- Choose a comfortable position to insert the condom. It can be on a chair or on the bed with your legs spread.
- Female condoms can be worn for up to 8 hours.
Advantages of Female Condoms
One of the most functional forms of birth control, female condoms can be better than other options for protection for the following reasons:
- Prevention of STIs: Female condoms are highly effective in protecting both partners from STIs. Safe sex for the win!
- No side effects: There are no serious side effects of this Also known as birth control, contraception is the act of del... More. If you are allergic to latex, you should refrain from using it without consulting a doctor.
- No Interruptions: When it comes to a male condom, you need to wait till you get an An erection may happen at random times for no reason when th... More to put it on. Since female condoms like Domina can be worn for up to 8 hours, there are no interruptions. Make it a part of your It is also called 'outercourse' and it happens before sexual... More or put it on before you get it on!
- More Pleasure: During vaginal sex, the female condom’s inner ring may stimulate the tip of the penis, and the external ring can rub against the The vulva is the external genitalia consisting of clitoris, ... More and clitoris – this can feel great for both of the partners.
- More Intimacy refers to a close bond between loved ones. It can b... More: Unlike male condoms, you don’t need to remove female condoms immediately after sex, letting you and your partner enjoy moments of intimacy. More pillow talk and cuddling!
Disadvantages of Female Condoms
Unfortunately, female condoms are not as flawless as you. But you can work around the flaws and choose safe and protected sex easily. Some disadvantages of female condoms are:
- If not inserted properly, female condoms can slip out during sex.
- They’re available in only one size.
- They can be noisy but that can be dealt with by more lubrication.
Now that you know practically everything there is to know about female condoms, make a wise choice. Contraception is essential when you have sex, be it vaginal, anal or oral and not just to prevent pregnancies. Female condoms like Domina are 95% effective and can prevent STIs including HIV. Electronically tested, made with natural latex and designed uniquely for a comfortable and pleasurable experience, Domina has a sweet lavender fragrance and costs less than the Uber ride to your FWB’s home.
What's Your Reaction?
Eesha is a writer by the day and a reels addict by the night. Hailing from Kolkata, she's a lover of dark chocolate, adrak wali chai and quaint cafes.